What is an Integrated Amplifier?
Integrated amps are the most common piece of electronics in the stereos we all grew up with. An Integrated Amplifier is about keeping things simple by combining the pre-amplifier (or the first stage of amplification), with the Power Amplifier (where the heavy lifting occurs in a system).
This has a lot of advantages including:
- the reduction of cost in manufacturing (One Chassis for two components!)
- delivery of a curated pairing of components (Pre-amp & Power Amp) that do not require costly cables to hook them up.
- Smaller footprint, allowing a great system to fit nicely in any room.
LTA has devoted themselves to the goal of delivering Hi-Fidelity to more people, so developing their great products into integrated designs is a natural path we have been excited to be a part of!
Input / Output
• Inputs: 4 single-ended Cardas RCA stereo, 1 true balanced stereo input using two 3-pin XLRs
• Speaker Output: 4 WBT copper speaker binding posts, banana or spade
• Headphone Output: Low: Approx. 1 watt per channel, High: Approx. 2 watts per channel
• Tape Monitor: 1 stereo tape monitor out, 1 stereo tape monitor in - both Cardas RCA
• Home Theater Function can select any input for fixed volume
User Experience & Interface
• Front Panel Controls: 7 brass touch switches (power, input, tape monitor, up, down, menu/select, back), volume control, and headphone speaker switch
• Remote Control: All front panel functions using paired Apple TV Remote (power on programmable)
• Volume Control: 100 stepped attenuator (smallest step 1/1000th of total value) using Vishay Dale 1% precision resistors.
• Display: 16 Levels of brightness and programmable 7-second time out
Output impedance: 1.2 ohms
Input impedance: 47k
100V / 120V / 240V operation: Auto-switching
Hum and noise: 94dB below full output (measured at 20Hz-20kHz)
Power output with 4-ohm load: 46W, 0.5% THD
Power output with 8-ohm load: 51W, 0.5% THD
Frequency response (8-ohm load): 6Hz to 60kHz, +0, -.5dB
Amplifier class: Push-pull Class AB
Voltage gain (8-ohm load): 23dB
Tube complement: Preamp section: 2x 12AU7, Power section: 2x 12AU7s, 2x 12AT7s, 4x KT77
*Home Theater Function can select any input for fixed volume
Display: 16 Levels of brightness and programmable 7-second time out
• Size: 16 inches wide, 5 1/8 inches tall, 16 inches deep (including connectors)
• Net weight: Amplifier: 18 lbs./8.2 kg
• Finish: Black Anodized Aluminum case with Laser Engraving
The optional Moving Magnet phono preamp was developed as a Fern & Roby / LTA collaboration and can be paired with one of our new outboard Step-Up-Transformers for beautiful results with Moving Coil cartridges. The Step-Up-Transformers will be up on the site soon!
All reviews currently are based on the Z40 reference power amp
Reference Integrated Amplifier
the Z40 Integrated
For those who want a simple system that delivers the best musical experience, an Integrated Amplifier is the way to go. The New Z40 Integrated by LTA delivers Hi-Fidelity quality into a single component, allowing a great system to fit into any space in your home at a more affordable price than a comparable system with separate components.
The Z40i is based on our favorite power amplifier the Z40 reference amp which can effortlessly drive just about any speaker on the market. For high efficiency speakers like the Ravens which are 96dB efficient the Z40i operates in full "Class A" amplification mode, delivering some of the best sound we have every heard!