- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz - 1 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - 26 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - 15 dB
- Frequency range at - 3dB - 20-31.000 Hz
- Frequency response - 20-20.000 + 2 / - 0 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force - 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 22 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Nude Shibata
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 6/50 µm
- Tracking force range - 1.4-1.7g (14-17 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 1.5 g (15 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 1,2 kOhm
- Internal inductance - 630 mH
- Recommended load resistance - 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance - 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus - Black/Black
- Cartridge weight - 7.2 g
Ortofon 2M Black Moving Magnet
The 2M Black is graced with a Shibata diamond stylus – the same diamond as on the acclaimed MC Jubilee. Its slim, highly polished profile allows an exceedingly wide contact area to the groove walls and ensures notably detailed reproduction throughout the spectrum, including even the most high frequency groove information.
The cartridge body used for the 2M Black is manufactured from a newly-developed Lexan DMX Piano Black, a revolutionary material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
The 2M Black uses a special upgraded engine, featuring split pole pins with a silver plated copper wire.
We have optimized the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, and the weight and size to fit the most common turntables on the market today. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.