Headphone Amp / Preamp
We are excited to be able to offer Linear Tube Audio components, all of which are designed & manufactured in America. Designed by renowned amplifier manufacturer, David Berning in Takoma Park, Maryland.
After 20 years of designing and manufacturing tube amplifiers, Berning turned the technology on its ear when he invented ZOTL (Zero Hysteresis Output Transformer-Less) architecture in 1996. Linear Tube Audio's MZ2-S is a “pre-rolled” tube amplifier that arrives with NOS tubes selected to match well with the circuit, so that the many people interested in tube rolling and old-stock tubes could get that experience without having to go through the uncertain and involved process of choosing and sourcing their own.
Linear Tube Audio has altered the circuit of their amp to take 12SN7 output tubes instead of the more common, and more sought after, 6SN7. Doing this made it feasible to provide a full NOS complement at minimal price increase, and every MZ2-S comes with a pair of RCA 12SN7 and a pair of 6201 tubes. Developing the MZ2-S also led us to look at our linear power supply again, and they’ve significantly upgraded the regulator. The MZ2-S by LTA is a sub-$2000, end-game headphone amp, preamp, or low-power stereo amp that doesn’t ask for any upgrades. Offered in black, with your choice of either 2 or 3 inputs.
- Amplifier Class : Push-pull Class A, no feedback
- Sensitivity : 0.6V RMS [full output]
- Output Impedance : (measured @ 0.5A, 60 Hz) 2 ohms
- Input Impedance : 50k
- Power Supply Input : Manually Switchable 120V(+/- 10%) / 220V(+/- 10%) 50-60hz Operation
- Power Supply Output : 12VDC 2.5 amps
- Hum and Noise : Minimum 60mV RMS or 90dB Below Full Output (20Hz-20kHz)
- Power Consumption from AC Power Source: 33W
- Power Output : With 4-ohm Load : 1W, 1% THD, with 14-ohm load: 0.5W, 1% THD
- Channel Separation : (4-ohm loads) 46dB, 100Hz-10kHz, (14-ohm loads) : 54 dB, 100Hz-10kHz
- Frequency response full power : (4-ohm load) +0, -1dB 10Hz-20kHz, (14-ohm load) : +0, -1dB 5Hz-50kHz
- Voltage gain : (4-ohm load) : 10.3dB, (14-ohm load) : 12.4dB
- Size: Amplifier : 9 1/2 inches (24.1 cm)wide, 4 3/4 inches (12.0 cm) tall, 7 7/8 inches (19.7 cm) deep (including connectors); External PSU : 12" (30.48 cm) x 3.25" (8.26 cm) x 4.25" (10.8 cm)
- Net weight : 8.94 lbs (4.1 kg) - amplifier and external power supply
- Finish : Aluminum Case and Faceplate w/ Lexan Top
- Tube complement per channe l: NOS 6201/12AT7 Input, NOS 12SN7 Output
Contact us to discuss options
(804) 233 - 5030