More Information about loading and gain (MM & MC options)
Single Ended Moving Magnet: (high output cartridges), 47k loading
Balanced Moving Coil: (low output cartridges) set for each cartridge.
Loading options: 50, 100, 200, 400, 470, 800, & 1000 ohm resistor values.
We care about the durability of our products as well as the look and feel of them, our chassis is machined from solid aluminum with a removable magnetic lid to make adjustment of the phono preamp easy. The compact size allows it to sit close to your turntable and allows you to keep the input signal path as short as possible.
All of these choices kept the Maverick small and enable it to live as close to the tonearm as possible, keeping the signal path short where it is most vulnerable to RF noise.
We are proud to design & manufacture in Richmond, Virginia.
We tell everybody that we are very fortunate to have Linear Tube Audio as a Collaborator, Client, & Vendor, but we have to give a special shout out to LTA's Mark Schneider who has worked with Christopher for the past year to put all of this together.
In Audio, you can't make a great product without a good mechanical designer & a great audio electronics designer on your team. We feel that our work with LTA on the Maverick has produced a very special product that we are excited to launch!
Maverick Phono Preamp
With Step Up Transformers
We believe that curating the signal carefully at your source is the foundation of a great Analog System, and over the past couple years, we have been exploring what qualities would make us happy to have in a great phono preamplifier. Here is some of what we learned & then built into our Maverick Phono Pre:
- A great power supply is essential (if you have noise in your line, you are going to be listening to the noise too!)
- Great Shielding (an excellent chassis that protects the preamp from outside interference).
- An Outboard Power Supply keeps the noise away from sensitive audio circuits & keeps the clutter down around your turntable.
- Close proximity to the cartridge to minimize long cables before amplification.
- Flexibility for those who have a high output cartridge but may want to explore something better down the road (MM & MC stages).
- Easy adjust-ability for the loading & gain specs for a wide variety of low output cartridges.
- The lowest noise amplification possible at the lowest signal level stage. We love Step Up Transformers (or SUT) for this job).
- Great materials and components with no steel in the signal path.
- Excellent grounding design.
We are debuting the Maverick this weekend at the Capital Audiofest in Rockville, Maryland. Come see us in Room 323 & 519 to hear the Maverick!